Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship Fund
Kelly Mann was a young mother of 3 children in the New Hampshire community. She was unfortunately taken from our community by the hands of her husband. Kelly’s daughters and friends formed a relationship with Bridges and have been able to raise awareness and funds to help others who have experienced sexual assault, domestic violence, or stalking. Kelly loved bettering herself through educational opportunities. Through this scholarship, her memory will live on and others who have been affected by domestic and sexual violence will be supported as they rebuild their lives.
The Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship Fund benefits individuals and/or their children who have experienced or been impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking in furthering their education and building self-sufficiency. Educational opportunities supported through scholarship include but are not limited to post-secondary education, trades, and licensing/certifications or assistance reducing indirect financial barriers to education (i.e. childcare, transportation, supplies.) To learn more about the Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship and complete your application online, please click here. You are also welcome to print the application and mail to our office using this link.
In order to be eligible for the Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship, applicants must meet one or more of the following guidelines:
- Applicant must identify in one or more of the following ways:
- Is a victim/survivor of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking;
- Has been affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking (i.e. child who has witnessed domestic violence; nonviolent caregiver, etc.);
- Has a demonstrated desire to work in the domestic/sexual violence field and plans to utilize scholarship funds to further progress toward goal.
- Applicants must be a resident of the state of New Hampshire or someone who utilizes Bridges services (either currently or in the past.) A preference will be given to applicants residing in Southern Hillsborough County.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance. (Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions section of this document for further details.)
- Applicants exhibit a strong desire, ability, and determination to complete the training, certification, or academic program associated with their application.
- Applicants have a plan to use the desired training to upgrade skills for career advancement, to train for a new career field, or to enter/reenter the job market.
The Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship Fund will grant one award per year in an amount up to $2,500. Scholarship funds can be utilized in one of the following ways:
- Scholarship Awards: Awards for direct educational expenses including tuition, books, fees, etc., paid directly to the institution.
- Adjunct Assistance Awards: Awards that assist in reducing indirect financial barriers to education including (but not limited to) childcare, transportation, or supplies needed.
How to Apply:
Candidates must submit their completed application to the Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship Fund by May 15th at 5PM to be considered. Applications can be submitted in one of two ways.
Option 1 – Submit your application by Mail:
Please print your application packet and mail the completed form to: The Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship Fund PO Box 217 Nashua, NH 03061-0217
Option 2 – Submit your application Online:
To complete your application online, please click here.
The Kelly Mann Scholarship Selection Committee is comprised of Bridges staff, board of directors, volunteers, and friends/family of Kelly Mann. The committee shall make the selection of each scholarship recipient and forward notice to Bridges: Domestic & Sexual Violence Support Services Inc. for fund disbursement. The scholarship disbursement shall be made directly to the educational institution for the benefit of the scholarship recipient. For adjunct assistance awards, a receipt or proof of payment is required. The recipient will be notified of award status no later than June 15th.
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
The Kelly Mann Memorial Scholarship does not discriminate in the selection process, program, or activities on the basis on race, gender, gender identity/expression, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, medical condition. HIV status, marital status, age, national origin, immigration status, religion, physical, mental or emotional ability, political affiliation, or language.
Questions about submitting your application?
Please contact Tara Levine, Director of Development, Events and Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603)889-0858.