Job Classification: Non-Exempt Full-time Position
Pre-service qualifications: Relevant employment experience, college degree or course work. Effective communication skills and a desire to work on the topics of; domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Ability to intervene in crisis situations and ability to maintain client confidentiality. Successful completion of thirty five (35) hours of agency training required. A valid driver’s license and automobile insurance are required.
Supervisor: The Milford Program Coordinator will be directly supervised by theDirect Service Program Coordinator. The AmeriCorps Court Advocate will report to the Milford Program Coordinator.
Responsibilities: The Milford Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the Milford Office, including crisis intervention advocacy, outreach, and education. In summary this position will be developing and promoting crisis intervention services to victims/survivors and overseeing quality service provision and follow-up. In addition to the above this position will be responsible for the following:
1. Conduct and participate in weekly agency staff meetings and regular supervision sessions with the crisis intervention staff.
2. Respond to crisis situations. Identify problems, explore options, and support clients in making their own decisions. Offer emotional support, assistance, advocacy, and referral to clients as needed.
3. Facilitation and development of support groups.
4. Document all direct service activities. Maintain and secure all direct service records. Record client statistical data, including referrals if any, and maintain related agency documentation.
5. Advocate with clients in the courts, police stations, hospitals, and other agencies, as determined by the client involved.
6. Provide limited transportation to clients.
7. Refer clients to agency programs and services. Promote all programs and services to crisis intervention team members.
8. Collaborate with other staff to improve overall agency services.
9. Assist in developing and facilitating team-building exercises, events and meetings for crisis intervention team/Milford office.
10. Foster and maintain positive working relationships with police/court personnel and attorneys.
11. Coordinate the DOVE project for the Milford area, in collaboration with the NH Bar Association and the Nashua Direct Service Coordinator.
12. Participate in NHCADSV activities and meetings.
13. Promote services and outreach to the Milford community. Conduct ongoing satisfaction surveys in community and with clients.
14. Develop and maintain contacts with other human service providers in the greater Milford area.
15. Evaluate and monitor program effectiveness in providing supportive services attainment.
16. Participate in back-up rotation.
17. Promote the agency’s mission.
18. Adhere to expectations consistent with Bridges definition of cultural competence. These expectations seek to clarify the knowledge, attitudes, skills and practices that would need to provide culturally and linguistic competent services to the diverse populations of the Greater Nashua area.
19. Attend training programs and use practices that promote culturally competent services.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Anyone interested in applying can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.